[RFC] Using KPassivePopup from KSystrayIcon

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Wed Apr 4 11:02:39 BST 2007

Am Dienstag, 03. April 2007 23:48:19 schrieb Matthew Woehlke:
> >  No problem. Just realize we use C++ and not C, embrace the new millenium
> > and start using NULL ;).
>
> Um, I think I saw somewhere in the KDE standards *not* to use NULL...
> but I can't claim to understand why, 'NULL' is *so* much less ambiguous
> than '0'.
>
> Hmm... interesting. [1] says NULL is okay, but [2] says it isn't. Which
> is right?
>
> [1] http://developer.kde.org/documentation/other/mistakes.html
> [2] http://pim.kde.org/development/coding-korganizer.php

I liked using NULL (in order to be unambiguous) until I was told that it is
not portable.  NULL is not always defined to be "just zero", but it may be
(void *)0.  Now you might get a problem if you assign a void ptr to a typed
pointer variable. :-(

(Unfortunately, I have no definite source for the above memories at hand.)

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS