KDE4 default shortcut theme

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sun Apr 1 11:50:51 BST 2007

On Saturday 31 March 2007 16:47, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> My personal preference would be for Alt to stay and free up F10 for more
> important tasks.

Pressing alt actually just moves the 'focus' really. Which is why I stated
before that to open the first menu is [alt] [enter].  (release the alt in
between).

Now, I don't mind F10 being configurable or not; but I'm thinking that
alt-enter (without releasing the alt) might just be what the doctor ordered.
It is in line with the concept of "alt-F for File menu" so easier to
remember/discover.

In KWord2 (i.e. Qt4) I note that Alt indeed does not move focus, so the
problem Lubos noted has been solved it would seem.
Maybe instead of defaulting to F10 (and eat another key) we can default to
alt-enter which uses 1 modifier and thus is already less 'expensive' as the
F10 one.
We could then try to make F10 the configurable key for workspaces like Windows
and MacOs.
--
Thomas Zander