objections to disallowing in-source builds in all KDE modules ?

Jaison Lee lee.jaison at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 22:55:42 BST 2006

On 9/27/06, Alexander Neundorf <alexander.neundorf at gmx.net> wrote:
> To avoid these potential problems, I'd like to disable in-source builds in all
> KDE modules.

I've attached the file I was referring to earlier. It covers all the
problems with in-source builds that were mentioned in both this thread
and the previous one, and pretty much sums up my thoughts on the
subject.

If (when? :p ) Alexander goes ahead with things it can be committed to
developer.kde.org, and the error message displayed by cmake can print
a URL referring to this page to help explain things to users who are
confused about the restriction.

Whatever happens, I do believe any in-source error message should
point to an explanatory page of some type, either my own or a better
one if someone has better prose than I.