kdemultimedia3 - patch to fix lockup of audiocd:/ kioslave

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Sep 26 13:25:24 BST 2006

On Tuesday 26 September 2006 09:27, Tilman Vogel wrote:
> Stephan Kulow schrieb:
> > Am Montag, 25. September 2006 12:18 schrieb Tilman Vogel:
> >> Maybe one should just use my fall-back in both cases (linux and
> >> non-linux)?
> >
> > It would not compile
>
> True, just looked at
> <http://cvsup.pt.freebsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/cvsweb.cgi/ports/audio/cdparano
>ia/files/patch-interface-cdda_interface.h?rev=1.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb
>-markup>
>
> Anyway, one could maybe rather make defined(__FreeBSD__) the special

It should be Q_OS_FREEBSD, not __FreeBSD__ in any case.

> case, not Linux, because the "standard" cdparanoia interface (from
> vorbis) has both fields, only in the FreeBSD version, the
> ioctl_device_name is stripped off by the ports patch. Don't know what
> they gain from it, but ok. This way it was easier to see which exception
> (FreeBSD) needs the changed code...

I remember messing around with both the cdparanoia port and the audiocd
IOslave at some point. I *think* we changed the port to contain the fields
that Linux has (with sensible values) a few months back. That's something
tricky to track down -- and the paranoia code is convoluted in the extreme.

--
KDE Quality Team  http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/
GPG: FEA2 A3FE    http://people.fruitsalad.org/adridg/