KTempFile->QTemporaryFile

Jaison Lee lee.jaison at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 02:36:20 BST 2006

I uploaded the new class. If anyone has anymore concerns please contact me.

I'll greatly appreciate anyone who wishes to help me with porting all
the old calls, but PLEASE be careful, and make sure you understand the
code in question before you change it. KTempFile is sometimes used in
some very strange ways.

In particular, if the code does not call
KTempFile::setAutoDelete(true) that means it is leaving the file on
disk. Please take the time to see if this behaviour is really
necessary before adding the KTemporaryFile::setAutoRemove(false) call.
I've already identified several cases where a file is left on-disk
simply because the original programmer misunderstood the default. Now
is the perfect time to clean these up.

KSaveFile will be the most difficult class to port, so don't charge in
blindly there. If you do feel adventurous enough to take that on
please contact me via email or on IRC.