QIconView not emitting selectionChanged()

Krzysztof Lichota krzysiek at lichota.net
Sat Sep 16 17:23:20 BST 2006

David Faure napisaƂ(a):
> On Monday 28 August 2006 15:54, Krzysztof Lichota wrote:
>> I attach simple python app which illustrates the problem. It shows
>> message box when selectionChanged() is emitted. It does not appear
>> if the 2 items are selected by dragging selection around them.
>
> Strange, because it works for me with a pure QIconView (no kde code).
>

> It's definitely emitted when dragging a selection around items. So
> either - your version of Qt has a bug but it's fixed in mine
> (qt-copy, Qt-3.3.6, patches applied but hopefully they are more
> specific than that)

I am using version libqt3-mt 3.3.6-1ubuntu6 (standard from Kubuntu Dapper).
I have applied your patch to qt3 example and it does not emit
selectionChanged() when dragging, only when clicking.

> - your test has a problem (e.g. the messagebox
> steals the focus away, or python loses the signal sometimes...)

This is not a problem in Python or messagebox. I have noticed it in C++
library using kdDebug(). I just wrote the testcase in Python to make it
simpler.

So, can anyone else verify this on their version of qt? If it appears
only on Ubuntu with its qt, I will file a bug on Launchpad.

	Krzysztof Lichota