Ctrl+Y shortcut for redo

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Fri Sep 15 15:15:27 BST 2006

This still is 'discussed' on the wrong list.

I still have not seen any good reasons why ctrl-y is needed at all.
Just some developers that worry about what other users might have problems
with if they choose the kde standard instead of the provided windows
settings.

I yesterday installed Kubuntu for the first time and it took me an hour to
find out why ctrl-page-up ctrl-page-down stopped working in my irssi.
Apparantly the same idea we see here has been followed in kubuntu to bind
those keys to prev/next tab together with the default shift-arrow.
Same problem as I forsee with ctrl-y. Some other unknown app is already using
it and stops working without any explanation.

Keys are valuable, don't waste them like this.

--
Thomas Zander