Features for the new bugzilla?

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Sep 12 08:20:21 BST 2006

Dne pátek 08 září 2006 15:29 Philip Rodrigues napsal(a):
> Hi,
> As I guess everyone knows, there's a new server for bugs.kde.org being
> prepared, with a newer version of bugzilla installed. This seems like a
> good opportunity to discuss what additional features or changes would be
> useful in the new bugzilla installation.

 Things I can think of:

- Automatic selecting of the radiobutton for "reassign bug to owner of
selected component" whenever the product/component change. People sometimes
forget this and since I often query on bug owner instead of component, I
don't see bugs "reassigned" to me.

- Automatic adding of the commenter to CC field if they're not there yet, for
hopefully obvious reasons. This would probably need a checkbox to make it
simple to disable (although clearing the CC lineedit is not that much work
either).

- Automatic selecting of the accompanying radiobutton when entering something
in the duplicate lineedit, just like it happens with the resolution
radiobutton. Not really important :) but somewhat annoying.

- Maximum size limit on comments, pointing to attachments when exceeded. I'd
sometimes kill when people directly paste 200-lines backtraces, especially if
it's only a lot of ??'s.

- And the already-mentioned NEEDINFO resolution that'd allow one to close the
bugreport and never bother with it anymore unless the reporter actually
replies. Having a list of bug numbers and dates of the last question in the
todo file feels somewhat lame.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz