Features for the new bugzilla?

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Fri Sep 8 14:29:56 BST 2006

Hi,
As I guess everyone knows, there's a new server for bugs.kde.org being
prepared, with a newer version of bugzilla installed. This seems like a
good opportunity to discuss what additional features or changes would be
useful in the new bugzilla installation.

>From my point of view (bug triage), some useful things would be:

* Stock responses à la GNOME, integrated into the bugzilla:
http://live.gnome.org/Bugsquad/TriageGuide/StockResponses
These effectively make it easy to say "you did something wrong" in a nice
way, with pointers to more help for the reporter (remember that bugzilla is
a major point of contact between KDE developers and users, so we want to
present ourselves as nice, cuddly people, right? ;-)

* Maybe some more possible statuses: perhaps some things that are more
specific and less combative than INVALID (NOTABUG and NOTKDE perhaps?)

I'll leave it at that for now. Other ideas? Once we've got a reasonable idea
of a set of useful features/changes, I'll try to produce a summary for the
sysadmins.

Regards,
Philip