RFC: KToolBox

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 22:05:34 BST 2006

Attached is a replacement for the QToolBox that I have written. It's
mainly intended to look MUCH better than the old tool box, but it has
a few differences. Notably, there is no longer a concept of a "current
page," as we had in QToolBox, also there is no longer a QScrollArea
for each individual page in the toolbox, but instead one large one for
the whole box. Lastly, you can choose a title and icon for the
toolbox. Beyond that (sorry if I've forgotten anything) it tries to
maintain as much of the api of the original QToolBox as possible so as
to be somewhat of a drop-in replacement for it (not like ANYONE uses
the QToolBox in kdelibs and kdebase, hopefully because it was too ugly
:) ). Anyway - hope you all dig it, please let me know what you think
can be improved, and hopefully we can get this in kdeui sooner than
later.

Matt Broadstone