Ctrl+Y shortcut for redo

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Sat Sep 2 00:06:19 BST 2006

On Friday 01 September 2006 22:29, Bart Coppens wrote:
> On Friday 01 September 2006 22:13, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > As far as I know, but I have not checked the setting in KDE:
> > - Ctrl-F4 is similar to Ctrl-W
> > - Alt-F4 is similar to Ctrl-Q
>
> Ctrl-F4 is switch to desktop 4 here; whereas Alt-F4 is similar to, but not
> the same as, Ctrl-Q: Alt-F4 is kwin-based (at least, that's how it looks),
> whereas Ctrl-Q is application-based. The latter leads to the subtle, but
> present difference (the one I meant in my previous mail), that Alt+F4 will,
> if need be, pop up KWin's 'This application does not respond? Do you want
> to kill blah blah lost data blah' dialog (offering to shoot it down,
> incredibly handy feature!), whereas Ctrl-Q will fail to respond.

 In fact, the difference is that:
- Alt+F4 is "close window"
- Ctrl+Q is "quit application"
(and Ctrl+W is "close document" BTW, also possibly different from both things
above)

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz