Ctrl+Y shortcut for redo

David Jarvie lists at astrojar.org.uk
Fri Sep 1 11:00:01 BST 2006

On Thursday 31 August 2006 22:22, Dave Rowe wrote:
>Where is Ctrl-Shift-Z advertised as a 'Redo' shortcut in Windows?  I
>understand it _works_ but typically I've seen Ctrl-Y.  It seems the
>advertised shortcuts would be most used by users.

I've been using Windows at work for years, but I never realised that Ctrl-Shift-Z could be used for redo - Ctrl-Y is, as Dave says, the only
visible shortcut. But interestingly, I have found one Windows application (the wonderful Notepad) where only Ctrl-Shift-Z works. Previously I
thought that it was impossible to redo actions there. Clearly, Microsoft should be educating users better.

--
David Jarvie.