KLibFactory preview of planned changes

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Mon Oct 30 10:05:06 GMT 2006

Holger Freyther said the following, On 2006-10-28 02:45:

> This patch removes the QStringList from the various APIs and kdelibs,
> kdepimlibs and kdebase compile and sort of run. What is missing is
> converting all the plugins to not have a QStringList argument as  well,
> and to make use of QProperty as a replacement for the  QStringList
> argument in Konqueror and kdeprint.

Does it mean we'll be using QObject::setProperty ( const char * name, const
QVariant & value ) instead? If so, removing QStringlist args is good in my
case (e.g. I use custom plugins in Kexi, with at least 4 different interfaces).

QString->QVariant mapping could be indeed better for me, because so far I
needed to case some data to strings.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek