Virtual MimeTypes support patch

Waldo Bastian Waldo.Bastian at intel.com
Wed Oct 25 13:44:17 BST 2006

On Sunday 22 October 2006 12:55, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Dissabte 21 Octubre 2006 21:05, Jos van den Oever va escriure:
> > The solution given here:
> >  http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2005-November/007544.html
> > is not entirely clear to me.
> > If I understand correctly, each plugin may add support for additional
> > mimetypes, so the part of the .desktop file that talks about mimetype
> > support for an application should be dynamic. How will the proposed
> > XML format solve this?
>
> Ignore that :-D
>
> Basically each plugin installs a desktop file that says that extends that
> virtual mimetype adding some mimetypes. For more in depth explanation on
> how the .desktop has to look, see my patch, there is a nice description of
> that.

I suggest to support it by means of a XML snippet in the shared mimetype
format (may need some extension there if it isn't expresable by any of the
current Is-Also semantics) Other than that I like the idea and I think it's
something that is very useful.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Linux Client Architect - Channel Platform Solutions Group - Intel Corporation