KDE/kdelibs/kdecore

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Mon Oct 23 11:04:44 BST 2006

Von: Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org>
> Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> >Dirk Mueller schrieb:
> >>
> >> Ehm, a) those are not static inline, and therefore must be exported
> >> and
> >
> >What's the difference between static inline and inline for those
> > functions?
> >
> >> b) they're still deprecated, and you removed the DEPRECATED macro.
> >
> >yes, noticed shortly after I did the commit... sorry. Already fixed.
> >
> >> Please make them either static inline or figure out some way to
> >> suppress the warnings.
> >

> From Qt's qglobal.h:
>
> // Functions marked as Q_GUI_EXPORT_INLINE were exported and inlined by
> mistake.
> // Compilers like MinGW complain that the import attribute is ignored.
> #if defined(Q_CC_MINGW)
> #    if defined(QT_BUILD_CORE_LIB)
> #      define Q_CORE_EXPORT_INLINE Q_CORE_EXPORT inline
> #    else
> #      define Q_CORE_EXPORT_INLINE inline
> #    endif
> #    if defined(QT_BUILD_GUI_LIB)
> #      define Q_GUI_EXPORT_INLINE Q_GUI_EXPORT inline
> #    else
> #      define Q_GUI_EXPORT_INLINE inline
> #    endif
> #else
> #    define Q_CORE_EXPORT_INLINE Q_CORE_EXPORT inline
> #    define Q_GUI_EXPORT_INLINE Q_GUI_EXPORT inline
> #endif

Don't understand what you want to tell me with this. There is no need to be binary compatible in any way, so they can be changed from dllexport inline to inline without any problems. Or did I miss something?

Christian
--
GMX DSL-Flatrate 0,- Euro* - Überall, wo DSL verfügbar ist!
NEU: Jetzt bis zu 16.000 kBit/s! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl