KDE/kdelibs/kdecore

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Oct 23 10:57:03 BST 2006

Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
>Dirk Mueller schrieb:
>> On Sunday, 22. October 2006 16:51, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
>>> exporting inlined functions is useless and gcc/windows produces a lot
>>> of warning because of this.
>>
>> Ehm, a) those are not static inline, and therefore must be exported
>> and
>
>What's the difference between static inline and inline for those
> functions?
>
>> b) they're still deprecated, and you removed the DEPRECATED macro.
>
>yes, noticed shortly after I did the commit... sorry. Already fixed.
>
>> Please make them either static inline or figure out some way to
>> suppress the warnings.

From Qt's qglobal.h:

// Functions marked as Q_GUI_EXPORT_INLINE were exported and inlined by
mistake.
// Compilers like MinGW complain that the import attribute is ignored.
#if defined(Q_CC_MINGW)
#    if defined(QT_BUILD_CORE_LIB)
#      define Q_CORE_EXPORT_INLINE Q_CORE_EXPORT inline
#    else
#      define Q_CORE_EXPORT_INLINE inline
#    endif
#    if defined(QT_BUILD_GUI_LIB)
#      define Q_GUI_EXPORT_INLINE Q_GUI_EXPORT inline
#    else
#      define Q_GUI_EXPORT_INLINE inline
#    endif
#else
#    define Q_CORE_EXPORT_INLINE Q_CORE_EXPORT inline
#    define Q_GUI_EXPORT_INLINE Q_GUI_EXPORT inline
#endif

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358