kross in kdelibs

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Thu Oct 19 18:43:07 BST 2006

Carsten Niehaus said the following, On 2006-10-19 19:10:

> Am Donnerstag 19 Oktober 2006 18:16 schrieb Sebastian Sauer:
>
>>Something like 1.5 years ago work on a framework to provide embedded
>>scripting for applications was started. Since that time the code improved,
>>growed, got ported, followed KISS and therefore got smaller, got new bugs,
>>new fixes and is finally near a shape where I guess other applications
>>outside of KOffice could start to profit from it.
>

> I wonder if it could be generalized enough so that pure Qt4 apps like Scribus
> could use it as well. In IRC the scribus folks showed a theoretic interest,
> at least.

I would rather use "wrapped" term instead of "generalized", but I know what do
you mean.
E.g. having a light KService replacement for Qt-only apps could be usable
(QPluginLoader?) - I am looking at the same idea for KexiDB. Enabling utility
libs for Qt-only devs is worth considering.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek