KDE HIG: What do you do?

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Wed Oct 11 07:45:54 BST 2006

On Monday 09 October 2006 14:01, Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> So.. (in not so many words..) what do _you_ do?  What are a sample of tasks
> or
> activities you perform (or plan to) when referencing interface
> documentation.

One thing that I always feel unclear about is writing text and labels. This
topic never seems to be explained fully in HIGs and UI books. The kind of
questions I have are:

* Nouns vs verbs in menus. (e.g. "Tools->Spelling" vs "Tools->Check spelling")

* capitalisation, (e.g. "Colour settings:" or is it "Colour Settings:"?)

* Writing style, active passive voice etc. (not so important in GUI, but for
docs).

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/