proposal for full application scripting language in KDE 4

Guillaume Laurent glaurent at telegraph-road.org
Mon Oct 9 10:45:24 BST 2006

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> The Qt/KDE bindings have always been better than the GTK/Gnome bindings:
> stabler and more complete. It seems a little silly to assume that as soon as
> we finally allow use of those bindings in kde the situation would suddenly
> detoriate. Phil wouldn't stop doing PyQt, Jim wouldn't stop doing PyKDE,
> Richard would't stop working on Korundum... And, since these people are
> already doing the work, no additional burden would be laid on the shoulders
> of the kdelibs developers.

With all due respect : it's not silly to assume that, on the contrary
it's just common sense (and my own experience on the matter).

If PyKDE would be used more widely, I'd expect that the maintainer would
suddenly start to receive a whole lot more bug reports and support
requests that he currently does. It's quite unlikely that his workload
will remain constant. And, having taken a quick look at PyKDE's doc, it
clearly still needs a lot of work. No classes are documented, and many
should be removed as they don't make sense in a binding.

--
Guillaume
http://telegraph-road.org