Using scripting languages for KDE4 main modules

Krzysztof Lichota krzysiek at lichota.net
Sun Oct 8 22:25:34 BST 2006

Aaron J. Seigo napisaƂ(a):
> p.s. and before someone jumps out with the bleeding obvious: yes, there will
> be corner cases where javascript is completely, wholly and absolutely
> inappropriate due to the problem domain of the application (e.g. for instance
> a scientific/math domain where there is already a standard language for
> working within that domain). but let's not derail on corner cases and rather
> concentrate on the core uses.

I think the biggest problem with Javascript is that if you want to do
something more than standard set of actions prepared by author of
scripting plugin for application (like open your own configuration
window, message box, run some DCOP command, etc.), then you must use
Qt/KDE binding and AFAIK there is no Qt binding for JavaScript. Or am I
missing something?

	Krzysztof Lichota