[RFC] How to handle backends properly?

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Oct 4 19:01:00 BST 2006

Le mardi 3 octobre 2006 13:21, Stephan Kulow a écrit :
> You can do that with having them in kdebase too - it needs to be documented
> anyway what backend authors are allowed to.

More what they could expect on the binary compability front... Indeed Simon
proposal makes sense at least in the beginning, that would mean solidifaces
is private at the start. The situation could change later.

> But I guess with Solid we don't
> expect tons of new backends popup too soon.

Well, if that happens I won't develop them all. ;-)
Actually I'd like to see at least one backend per major platform.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."