Using scripting languages for KDE4 main modules

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Wed Oct 4 09:21:10 BST 2006

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 18:42, Isaac Clerencia wrote:
> On Sunday, 1 October 2006 15:11, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > I remember these reasons from last year:
> >
> > 2) There are a lot of developers out there that know JavaScript (think of
> > the web)
>
> I work with other twelve developers, we all use GNU/Linux, some of us KDE,
> others Gnome, some of us prefer C++, others Ruby, Python or even Perl, but
> we all agree in one thing, we hate Javascript.
>
> Of course, this may be anecdotal, but I have yet to meet some developer
> that enjoys writing Javascript. I'm sure they may exist, but not in (my)
> FLOSS world.

I know them. Javascript is actually a very elegant object oriented language.
And with its prototype based objects it is somewhat unique, and a very
expressive.

The reason for javascript's bad reputation is probably more to do with
incredible weak typing, but you could have the same problem with perl.

`Allan