Using scripting languages for KDE4 main modules

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Tue Oct 3 03:37:12 BST 2006

I find Leo's description of the possible outcomes very level-headed. I'd
_love_ to see more applications in KDE proper written with scripting
languages (and I tend to believe that the future will see C++ phase out from
preference for application writers). But the central components of KDE as
well as inter-application collab mechanisms (busses, dnd, resources etc.)
should never depend on third party tools/libs (possibly missing in target
environments).

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org