Use HAL to detect (S)VCD/DVD

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Nov 20 15:16:41 GMT 2006

Le Dimanche 19 Novembre 2006 14:27, Ismail Donmez a écrit :
> Attached updated patch removes unneeded linuxcdpolling.h header.

This patch looks right in theory. That said this feature of all got introduced
during the 0.5.x timeframe, so I suspect it's not available everywhere. Also
note that the code in HAL is almost the same than the one we use in the
mediamanager since I wrote the original patch to HAL.

I think that to avoid any problem, we should probably fallback to the old
detection code if the volume.disc.is_vcd, volume.disc.is_svcd and
volume.disc.is_videodvd keys are not available on the device. That would
avoid to make this detection twice (once in HAL and once in the mediamanager)
while still being able to do it if it's not reported by HAL.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."