Problem with keeping persistent Konqueror window

Krzysztof Lichota krzysiek at lichota.net
Sun Nov 19 20:30:07 GMT 2006

I am trying to do pretty simple thing with Konqueror window, but it
appears none of the approaches I have tried work.
I want to do the following: keep one Konqueror window hidden and show it
(quickly) when user clicks a button on Kicker. When user closes the
window, window should close, but Konqueror instance should stay open to
show the window quickly when button is pressed.

The best result I could get was to keep 2 instances of Konqueror running
and when user closes first one and wants to open window, pop up the
second, while spawning the next in the background. But it is 2 instances
and wasting a lot of memory.

I am currently playing with QXEmbed, but I am a bit scared as there are
e-mails saying that it sometimes works and sometimes not.

Any help would be appreciated.

	Krzysztof Lichota

PS. Of course without modifying Konqueror source :) I have to use
whatever is already in the system.