Okular moving

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Nov 18 15:32:37 GMT 2006

On Friday 17 November 2006 19:02, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 15. November 2006 18:07 schrieb Charles de Miramon:
> > I agree with Kevin. Ligature and Okular should go to KEG.
>
> A KDE-desktop without a pdf-viewer? Please get real.
>
> KDE *cannot* afford to drop functionality it provided in KDE 3.x times.
> People are used to those and they will perceive it as a major defect of KDE
> 4 if it misses out on such basic functionality.

So you want the PDF viewers to be in kdebase? workspace maybe?

Anything else is a matter of package dependencies, where it doesn't matter
which source module an application is from. Actually, since the packaging of
big source modules is quite broken on some distros, having the viewers in KEG
will allow a fullfeatured KDE desktop experience with less installation size,
meaning fewer applications filling the K-menu

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring