ReadOnly KParts Was: Re: Okular moving

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Nov 17 18:33:39 GMT 2006

Hi,

On Friday 17 November 2006 18:21, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> My main point is: we shouldn't erect an artificial Berlin Wall
> between viewing and editing functions, just because we see the same
> thing in Adobe's PDF tools (where mostly business considerations
> made them to be what they are today).

So it seems the KDE2+3 "you may only _view_ files but not edit them in
konqueror"-rule doesn't have only friends.
I also thought already quite often "damn, why can't I simply now enter some
stuff in this text document ? Ahh, I first have to open it with kate
explicitely".

Maybe we shoould rethink this decision ?

Bye
Alex