Okular moving

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Tue Nov 14 08:24:19 GMT 2006

Alle 08:14, martedì 14 novembre 2006, Wilfried Huss ha scritto:
> Am Dienstag, 14. November 2006 00:02 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> > > We support DjVu files too, although we can't extract text yet, but we
> > > can read DjVu annotations.
> >
> > ah, didn't see it in my list of supported files in okular, though
> > ligature shows it in its list. (both compiled from source of course =)
>
> You need the development headers of DjVulibre for the DjVu support of
> Okular.

Wrong. You need just the latest stable, that is DjVuLibre 3.5.17. And many
distros already package it.

> Ligature has a copy of DjVulibre in its codebase

Didn't we say that interal copies of 3rd part libraries are a no-no? (think
about the xpdf sources in kpdf...)

> because the
> external API of DjVulibre is very limited and also in C while the actual
> code is C++.

Then I should be a magician, as I managed to handle it almost decently?

Regards,

--
Pino Toscano