KProcess documentation fix

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Mon Nov 13 14:21:36 GMT 2006

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 10:20:43AM +0100, Christoph Bartoschek wrote:
> Am Montag, 13. November 2006 09:28 schrieb Oswald Buddenhagen:
> > On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 05:42:46PM +0100, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > I'd like to know if it is ok to commit the attached change to
> > > kdelibs/3.5. It fixes the KProcess documentation by documenting that
> > > using QProcess and KProcess in the same application leads to problems
> > > when using KPorcess::Block (see the KProcess thread here).
> >
> > that analysis is incomplete and thus misleading.
> > mixing (as in using at the same time) qprocess and kprocess in *any* way
> > will cause problems.
>
> If I remember correctly, QProcess reinstalls the old signal handler upon
> destruction. This would mean that using a QProcess object temporalily is
> less error prone than having one object all the time.

oh, this is such a big win ...
it doesn't help *anything* to have qprocess restore the signal handler
when the signal meant for kprocess arrives during the time any qprocess
is running. the only reliable way to get around it is to have qt not
mess with the signal handlers after kprocess installs its.