secondary window titles

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Mon Nov 13 13:44:12 GMT 2006

In KDE all windows unless overwritten have a title "caption - App Name".  This
includes progress dialogs, color dialogs, message box, file dialogs etc.

In OS X, Gnome, Qt, Firefox and Windows they only add the application name to
primary windows that are handling documents.  For example opening a file in
GEdit shows "Untitled - GEdit", but selecting File/Open has the title "Open
Files..."

I would like to propose that in KDE 4 our secondary windows wont automatically
append the application name.  This will make us consistant with the other
desktop enviornments.

-Benjamin Meyer