KProcess documentation fix

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Nov 13 13:24:19 GMT 2006

On Monday 13 November 2006 13:40, David Jarvie wrote:
> On Monday 13 November 2006 9:50, Dominik Haumann wrote:
> >>
> >> Oswald points out some practical problems with it, and I'd like to point
> >> out that updating KDE 3 documentation is of limited use -- the online
> >> API documentation for KDE 3 no longer is updated or checked.
> >
> >If this was in the api docs, it would have saved many ours of wasted time
> >for several people. Well, that's too late now anyway, but that's why I
> >asked Andreas to put it into the docs ;)

Oh, I'm not arguing against putting it in the source files at all. By all
means.

> I'm surprised that the online KDE 3 documentation is considered to be set
> in stone when KDE 3 software isn't.

It's not set in stone. I forgot the word "automatically"; the API
documentation can be updated by me -- or anyone on the EBN and ktown --
running a script.

> If new KDE 3.5 versions are still being
> issued, it doesn't make sense to me that the documentation should not also
> be updated.

This is the first KDE 3.5 documentation commit not by me I've detected since
mid-july. The numbers stayed the same over three months, which is why I
stopped updating the documentation automatically.

> Plus, useful additions or changes to the documentation such as
> that for KProcess ought to be incorporated if people take the trouble to
> write them.

That goes without saying.

--
Adriaan de Groot