Re: KProcess documentation fix

David Jarvie lists at astrojar.org.uk
Mon Nov 13 12:40:50 GMT 2006

On Monday 13 November 2006 9:50, Dominik Haumann wrote:
>On Monday 13 November 2006 10:17, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
>> On Friday 10 November 2006 17:42, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> > I'd like to know if it is ok to commit the attached change to
>> > kdelibs/3.5. It fixes the KProcess documentation by documenting that
>>
>> Oswald points out some practical problems with it, and I'd like to point
>> out that updating KDE 3 documentation is of limited use -- the online API
>> documentation for KDE 3 no longer is updated or checked.
>
>If this was in the api docs, it would have saved many ours of wasted time
>for several people. Well, that's too late now anyway, but that's why I
>asked Andreas to put it into the docs ;)

I'm surprised that the online KDE 3 documentation is considered to be set in stone when KDE 3 software isn't. If new KDE 3.5 versions are still
being issued, it doesn't make sense to me that the documentation should not also be updated. Plus, useful additions or changes to the
documentation such as that for KProcess ought to be incorporated if people take the trouble to write them.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author & maintainer.