KDE4 under MacOsX and Windows

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 10 16:46:20 GMT 2006

Josef Weidendorfer wrote:
> Unfortunately, there seems to be no Valgrind for Windows in
> the foreseeable future. So KCachegrind is only interesting
> for some PHP guys, as there exists a tool writing the callgrind
> format.

Not true! I think my boss (who does not have a Linux desktop) might
appreciate being able to view callgrind output (from a Linux machine) on
his own computer :-).

It is VERY normal - around here, at least - to generate callgrind output
on one machine (especially a big beefy rack-mount with no CRT attached
that probably doesn't *have* KDE) and view it on another. So having
KCacheGrind on Windows is nice, even if valgrind doesn't run on Windows.

--
Matthew
"You're older than you've ever been / And now you're even older"