KProcess bug or something wrong in kdevelop?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Nov 9 12:40:47 GMT 2006

On 09.11.06 13:20:48, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 10:50:18AM +0100, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > anyway, why do you insist on blocking?
> >
> > Because I need the stuff I get from qmake to go on loading the qmake
> > project in kdevelop.
> >
> errm ... to me, this sounds like a pretty weak argument.

Huh? ok, I'll elaborate a bit. We're in kdevelop. I open a qmake based
project, which tells the QMake manager to open the top-level .pro file
and parse it. After the parsing I need to do some initilazing and read
referenced .pro files. This also means I have to evaluate the variables
that exist. Now here's where I need the output from that qmake run,
because that's the only way to get the "default values" of some
variables, like CONFIG or QT properly. All this loading/initializing is
done synchronously, i.e. it starts in an openProject function which then
calls another function and so on. Right after the initializing is done I
create a gui element from the data to represent the top-level .pro file.
In turn this creates all children and so on.

I really see no way to run qmake as separate process without blocking.

> anyway, you could start a local event loop with everything but socket
> notifiers excluded.

I guess QDialog does this? Or is there a better example how I would do
that in KDE code?

Andreas

--
You are always busy.