64Bitness

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Sat Nov 4 02:30:46 GMT 2006

On 2 November 2006 07:54, Dave at ktown.kde.org, Feustel at ktown.kde.org wrote:
> I've been running a 64-bit version of kde 3.5.1 for about a month
> on OpenBSD 3.9 on an AMD AM2 Athlon64. I have installed base, libs,
> and graphics. Kde works great with the exception that Konqueror
> crashes a lot (100% on product pages at dell.com :-) ). Koffice was
> not available as a package for 3.9, so I haven't tested that.
> OpenBSD 4.0 was just released and a package for koffice 1.5.2 is
> present. I should have the kde packages running on 4.0 within a week.

Thanks a lot. This is great to know.

I also use kde-3.5.5 on suse-9.3 and on suse-10.1, both 64bits. I think most
common code paths are OK and well tested. But I believe some issues might
still exist (like the one that just triggered this discussion)

Thanks, Dave.

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org