KMessage/KMessageHandler: a core/ui seperation for displaying message.

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Sun May 28 19:00:20 BST 2006

Am Sonntag, 28. Mai 2006 19:06 schrieb Michaƫl Larouche:
[...]
> So I've made the required classes to separate the message display.
>
> kdecore: KMessage and KMessageHandler
> KMessage is the "frontend" API static class developers use the display a
> message. You must supply a KMessageHandler to work properly.
>
> KMessageHandler is the abstract class for the message handle.
>
> kdeui: KMessageBoxMessageHandler and KPassivePopupMessageHandler
> Those are obvious, there are KMessageHandler implementation that developers
> can use right away.

[...]

That's way cool!

I'd like to make some suggestions wrt default settings.
- KMessageBoxMessageHandler should be set by default in KApplication such that
GUI-applications work "as expected".
- The default handler should write to stderr, not to stdout. Otherwise,
implementing filters becomes more difficult than necessary.

mfg
	Leo