Better tablet-pc support in kde-4

David Nolden david.nolden.kde at art-master.de
Tue May 23 19:57:11 BST 2006

Hi everybody!

I'm thinking about what would be necessary to make using a tablet-pc with kde
more comfortable, and many things come in mind.

I'm thinking about writing an applet to simplify navigation using the pen, and
maybe make it somehow possible to use pen-input for authentication in kdesu
and kwallet(by signature-recognition).

But except those, there's also a few things that have to do with the kde-core
and would help a lot:

1. It should be possible to move the vertical scrollbar to the left side(for
left-handed tablet-users). I know there's already a switch to put everything
to the other side, so adding support for that should not be hard to
implement.

2. It should be possible to move the menu and the toolbars to the bottom of
the window.

Please tell me what you think about those ideas, and maybe how easy it should
be to implement them, or even if what I want is already possible.

greetings, David