core/ui separation

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri May 19 20:02:24 BST 2006

On Friday 19 May 2006 19:16, Krzysztof Lichota wrote:
> Moreover, if some minimized window opens authentication dialog (or
> cookie dialog or whatever) then other windows which want to use it
> become "frozen".
> I have a lot of windows open in my session and after restart I they are
> opened again. I keep forgetting about that and when I open a new window,
> I wait and wait for authentication dialog to appear until I remind
> myself that I must have left window with dialog somewhere. Then I have
> to search for this window and close the dialog.

And this is exactly why I don't like the idea of queueing modal dialogs.

In order to unblock application A, you need to realize that application B is blocked
already, maybe on another desktop....
Each application should have its own modal dialogs instead of delegating them
to a central process.

I think CopyJob is fine with its two modes (interactive and non-interactive),
it just has to live in a library that can link to QtGui.