core/ui separation

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Thu May 18 01:04:32 BST 2006

Hi,

as I still maintain a separation of non-GUI and GUI dependant code in Phonon,
I wanted to make sure that this is a sensible thing to do... because even now
the non-GUI code is not GUI free as there are KMessageBox uses when errors
occur. And of course it's GUI dependent as it uses KIO.

Will we have a kdecore that will not depend on QtGui? Is there a chance of
being able to use KIO without a dependency on QtGui? If not, I'll drop the
Phonon core/ui separation now and make some of that code a little easier...

--
C'ya
        Matthias
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de