KDE and Wikipedia

Daniel Molkentin molkentin at kde.org
Sun May 14 02:45:01 BST 2006

Am Samstag, 13. Mai 2006 19:22 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> One year ago it was announced
> http://dot.kde.org/1119552379/
> that there were plans for a KDE API to wikipedia. I know this has not been
> done, and iirc someone told me its their (wikipedia) fault.

Wikimedia (the guys behind wikipedia) are currently adding the API. I am
currently in negotiations with them about an offline reader implementation.
As soon as we have some plan worth presenting (probably next week or the week
after), I will post some details. All I can say is that they are interested
in an offline reader for unix/mac/linux and they want to use KDE/Qt 4
technology if possible.

> Anyone from the TWG could "press" them a bit? Maybe even threatening them a
> saying that if they do not fullfil their promises we will issue a
> comunicate explaining why that announced collaboration failed.

Nah, this is also a good share of "our" (in this case: mostly "my") fault for
not following up. I had no time to work on knowledge, but soon other people
might. I will keep you updated.

Daniel - who thinks we should tip our noses first before blaming others