KDE and Wikipedia

Christian Mueller cmueller at gmx.de
Sat May 13 21:30:12 BST 2006

Am Samstag, 13. Mai 2006 20:54 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:

> I can do the KDE work, but i'm obviously not the right person to do anything
> web related, because i hate it and because i have 0 experience on it.

The offline reader would be, well, offline.  ;-)

IIUC, this suggested support for wikipedia in KDE consists of two separate
parts, one is making wikipedia online information accessible to apps like
amarok and kstars (these were used as example), and the offline reader
that works on some kind of export of the data.   The former needs an
interface on the wikipedia server but the latter doesn't need much
on the part of wikipedia, if at all.

Maybe danimo can comment on the state of affairs?
He's part of both communities and started "Knowledge" ...

Christian.