KJanusWidget and Model-View (was: Re: KDialog / KDialogBase)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri May 12 13:47:19 BST 2006

On Friday 12 May 2006 14:27, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> > Regarding face specific settings: I think those should be moved into the
> > model. After all the model provides a lot of roles for determining the
> > presentation of the data.
> No, it should not be moved into the model but the view, model is about data ;)

That's not entirely true. The model usually provides presentation data too.
Like colors, fonts, icons, alignment, etc (see qt-copy/doc/html/qt.html#ItemDataRole-enum)
So defining additional roles which control parts of the "rendering" is certainly an option
(but of course it shouldn't be over-used since it forces people to write custom models).