KJanusWidget and Model-View (was: Re: KDialog / KDialogBase)

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Mon May 8 16:28:44 BST 2006

On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 11:34:26AM +0100, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> Hi!
Hi,

we (Matthias and /me) talked at LinuxTag about this issue again and
I volunteer to give the Model/View concept a try...

> class KDialogView : public QAbstractItemView
> This shows a standart KDE Dialog and uses the model to determine whether it
> needs to show a tree or an iconview for navigating the pages (and perhaps, if
> there's only one page, not showing any navigation). The page widgets, icon,
> name and all that are available through the standard QAbstractItemModel::data
> method.
Passing the icon, name and title through a QVariant is fine, but how to
you want to pass the QWidget pointer?

> In addition to KDialogView there can be a KDialogWidget that provides the
> insertPage functions for users that don't want to implement a Model to
> populate the dialog.
Sounds good.

In conclusion to that, Mirko mentioned that it would make more sense to
have a separated dialog class for every face type. Is this a common
consensus?

Switching face types at runtime sounds interesting, but the current
implementation didn't support it as well and I can't see any real advantage in
this feature...

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Councile of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!