[RFC] Moving out KDE3 stuff out of trunk

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Sun May 7 17:35:05 BST 2006

On Sunday 07 May 2006 18:08, Erik Kjær Pedersen wrote:
> Søndag 07. maj 2006 11:05 skrev Nicolas Goutte:
> > Perhaps KDE3 will be completely dropped when KDE4 will be released,
> > but perhaps not. Only the future will tell.
>
> Really? You want to prepare for a 3.6 _after_ 4.0? That would truely make
> life complicated.

Well, I suppose that I am in a good position to tell that you do not get in
life always what you want or have wanted. So it is much better if you have at
least one fallback option (otherwise you risk to fall way down).

> I am more worried about having no maintainer for kbabel, specially if the
> format of the po-files is changing. I don't think I am ready to back and
> use vi again for this purpose.

No need of vi (or of Kate).

KBabel for KDE 3.5.x should work well (but there is no working KBabel for KDE4
currently, as KBabel does not work at all in trunk/KDE/kdesdk/kbabel ).

> Erik

Have a nice day!