[RFC] Moving out KDE3 stuff out of trunk

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Sun May 7 13:39:04 BST 2006

On Sunday 07 May 2006 14:15, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 7. Mai 2006 14:02 schrieb Nicolas Goutte:
> > But may be I was not clear enough. My proposal is not a final plan, it is
> > a plan to move forward. When KDE4 will be released, we can see what is
> > the situation at that time and then close branches that will seem to be
> > useless at that time.
>
> I don't like it at all. trunk/l10n is defined as unstable - no matter if
> the next unstable KDE release is called KDE3 or KDE4. And if the
> documentation team is maintaining KDE3.5 documentation in progress in
> trunk/KDE or are starting with KDE4 documentation there is there agenda, I
> don't think this justifies another l10n module.

But we cannot keep KDE3 and KDE4 stuff one by another in a same l10n module.
That would be a nightmare for example for Scripty, as it would mean handling
2 xgettext versions and using the "messages" target  on one but Messages.sh
in the other case. (Not counting how to write the check_po_files sript for
such a case.)

> Greetings, Stephan

Have a nice day!