kde4 dbus state ?

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Wed May 3 12:40:42 BST 2006

Thiago Macieira schrieb:
> Ralf Habacker wrote:
>
>> After take a deper look in the dbus sources and looking who have done
>> what, i recognized that Tor Lillqvist has already done the major work in
>> Dezember 2005.
>>

> >from
>
>> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2005-December/003885.html
>> "...I had it running to some degree on Windows in January, but then the
>> immediate need to have it ported to Win32 from my (employer's) point of
>> view fizzled out, and the changes never got pushed upstream into the
>> official sources...."
>>
>> Do I read this right, that Novell has stopped the win32 port of dbus
>> because there is no need ????
>>

> I wasn't on the list at that time, so I cannot answer your question.
>
> Intel has picked up where Tor left off, but they haven't submitted any
> contributions so far.

After your hint I remember that Martin Kosina from Intel had joined the
dbus mailing list and then he told me in a private mail that he has
taken Tor's patches and is working on it.

I have to get some paperwork done before I release my stuff (GPL review
procedure here at the Borg), so that's really the only
holdup right now. My main agenda is to get the Win32 stuff incorporated
into the CVS (so we don't have to back-port it every time) and hopefully
write some documentation.

One open things are the Qt binding. Does anyone know if there difference
to expect between unix and windows ?

Ralf