KDE 4 Core Libraries major features

Jaison Lee lee.jaison at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 16:31:19 BST 2006

> > Another thing, which go in the general "api stability" category:
> > What's going on with KListView ? should we start porting to QTreeWidget or
> > similar ? or should we wait a K{List,Tree}{Widget,View} ?
>
> Start porting to QTree{View,Widget}, but if you notice any missing feature that
> KListView used to provide and that you would need with QTree{List,Widget}, then
> tell us or write it :)
>
> There was also a KTreeView or something class posted to kde-devel and rudely
> turned down,  I'm not sure why.

I don't think anyone was rude, but email is a funny thing. :)

The proposal was met with several questions concerning the design of
the implementation, and none of the more important ones were really
answered well. The conversation veered into what should and shouldn't
be done by a KTreeView, (namely a reimplementation of an Apple design
widget) and then the conversation sort of dropped off.

I think many of the people asking questions (myself included) were
just questioning the need for a KTreeView since there is a QTreeWidget
available.