KDE 4 Core Libraries major features

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Mar 31 09:57:16 BST 2006

David Faure wrote:
>On Friday 31 March 2006 00:56, Olivier Goffart wrote:
>> Another thing, which go in the general "api stability" category:
>> What's going on with KListView ?  should we start porting to
>> QTreeWidget or similar ? or should we wait a K{List,Tree}{Widget,View}
>> ?
>
>Start porting to QTree{View,Widget}, but if you notice any missing
> feature that KListView used to provide and that you would need with
> QTree{List,Widget}, then tell us or write it :)

I'm speaking as a Troll here:

before writing your own K-class that wraps around a Q-class and just adds
a few methods or works around limitations in Qt, tell us (kde-core-devel)
about it -- especially in the case of limitations.

The reason I'm asking is that I'd like to avoid having a K-class of 100
lines wrapping around Qt functionality if all it takes is 5 lines in Qt.
Trolltech is open to all suggestions to make Qt better for KDE (and
everyone else, obviously). And I'm here to see that it happens for Qt
4.2.

  thiago.macieira (AT) trolltech.com     Trolltech AS
    GPG: 0x6EF45358                   |  Sandakerveien 116,
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C          |  NO-0402
    966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358          |  Oslo, Norway