Checking for lib suffix broken

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Fri Mar 31 10:45:27 BST 2006

Am Donnerstag, 30. März 2006 21:58 schrieb Andras Mantia:
> The first part seems to be OK, but the second part (changing the default
> value from "auto" to "no") broke the entire meaning of this
> autodetection. Now the autodetection will not be executed unless you
> specify --enable-libsuffix=auto. Well, if you anyway specify a flag,
> you could use "--enable-libsuffix=64" as well. If the problem is that
> "kde-config --libsuffix" doesn't work in that cases, kde-config should
> be fixed. But I don't see an error there, as if shows me "64" even with
> my patch applied.
The fix was for the other way around. If kde-config --libsuffix returns "",
then it would default to auto and then the autodetection would detect the
invalid lib64 dirs.

So I understand you correctly, that kdelibs is broken for you, right? Because
the fix was for kde!libs - I'm still not sure your fix would regress that
situation again.

Greetings, Stephan