KDE 4 Core Libraries major features

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Fri Mar 31 10:19:20 BST 2006

On Friday 31 March 2006 10:59, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Right now, when I say "KDE Core Libraries", I'm mostly thinking of
> kdecore, kdeui, kio and kparts. We've also got lots of other libraries in
> kdelibs that have to be ported and finished, of course.

How are "Thiago's KDE Core Libraries" different from the rest of kdelibs? Do
you consider the features of the rest of the kdelibs as not release-critical?
How would we implement them then, in KDE 5?

I wouldn't have a problem with creating a new module kdepimlibs and put
Akonadi and other PIM-related libraries there. But we have to come up with a
concrete plan how we want to release this (and the rest of KDE 4) as soon as
possible.

My current assumption is that we will do it in the same way as with previous
releases, releasing the libraries and the core modules together.